2010 ANNUAL EEO PUBLIC FILE REPORT
DC_DOCS:695358.1 2010 ANNUAL EEO PUBLIC FILE REPORT
- PACIFICA FOUNDATION, INC.
- Station: WPFW
- Community of License: Washington, D.C.
- Reporting Period: June 1, 2009 to May 31, 2010
- No. of Full-time Employees: More than 10
- Small Market Exemption: No
- During the Reporting Period, no full time positions were filled. The information required
- by FCC Rule 73.2080(c) (6) is provided in the charts that follow.
- The employment unit engaged in the following broad outreach initiatives in accordance with various elements of FCC Rule 73.2080(c) (2):Established an internship program designed to assist members of the community to acquire skills needed for broadcast employment. WPFW maintains an internship program in coordination with Howard, American and George Washington Universities. Interns receive training in station development,public affairs, news and board operations.
- Interns receive course credit for any work done at WPFW. The station hosts at least 2 students per semester from each of the universities and each intern works an average of 6 hours per week, participate in job banks, Internet programs, and other programs designed to promote outreach generally (i.e., that are not primarily directed to providing notification of specific job vacancies).
- WPFW hosts a weekly radio program, called 2K Nation, which is produced and performed by local high school students. The program is aired on Thursday evenings when students take calls from other students and parents on the "Teen's View" of the world, daily life and school experiences.