Job Title: Business Manager (Exempt/Confidential 20 Hrs/Week)
Site: WPFW-Pacifica Radio
The Part-Time Business Manager will work under the supervision of Pacifica’s Chief Financial Officer and/or Controller, and administratively under the station’s General Manager. The Business Manager is responsible for payroll and payroll reporting; accounting/bookkeeping for WPFW, financial reports to local management and local station board, Pacifica National Office (PNO) management, This staff will also be responsible for 1099 preparation, audit support; account reconciliation, credit card processing/deposit, and coordinate with Membership and Development departments as necessary and other duties assigned. This is a part-time exempt confidential position.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Review and submit station’s payroll information to Pacifica National Office (PNO)
2. Maintain the station’s personnel files, insurance and benefit plans, update payroll and personnel info as necessary
3. Maintain union dues, seniority pay and other union-related benefit plans and reports
4. Track and administer employees’ earnings records and process employee garnishments and voluntary deductions
5. Review and process of Accounts Payable invoices/bills and other disbursements
6. Update accounts payable schedules and vendor files/information, reconcile outstanding A/P against general ledger.
7. Schedule, secure approval and pay station obligation and payables
8. Prepare and maintain monthly ledger, coordinate with the PNO in generating financial statements monthly, quarterly for use by local management and local station board and committees.
9. Prepare and maintain grant and special fund-raising project worksheets as necessary.
10. Collect and review 1099 information — maintain associated records.
11. Coordinate with Membership / Development Departments in recording cash deposits and station’s income and revenue
12. Maintain files for deposits and other cash receipts, prepare bank reconciliation
13. Assist the station’s General Manager in developing annual station budget
14. Assist in the preparation of year-end audit schedules and reconciliation and compilation of supporting documentation for external auditors and the PNO finance staff.
15. Other special projects and reports as deemed necessary by the station’s GM and the PNO
Job descriptions are subject to change without notice based on the needs of the WPFW and/or the PNO.
Education: One year certificate from college or technical school; or 2 — 3 years accounting.
Experience: Accounting, administrative and/or office management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Email, mail or FAX resumes or inquiries to:
Donnie McKethan (Human Resources Director)
1990 K Street NW
Fax: (202) 296-3040
Please — No Phone Calls — Thank You
Pacifica/WPFW is an Equal Opportunity Employer